Friday 27 May 2022

The Vegan Journey of Rohan A | Vegan Beings India #071

I had been vegetarian since birth but without exposure to the sheer cruelty in the dairy industry. I used to believe that a cow "gives" us milk rather than the truth about how we snatch her milk. The one incident that changed everything was when I read a newspaper article about a dairy farmer who stuffed a dead calf so that the mother would keep giving milk thinking that her child was alive. After this, I went deep into research and saw that the only missing thing was empathy. 


It was not too hard to go vegan as I became completely mentally averted towards dairy products. I remember throwing up the day after I read that article when my mom gave me my morning milk. It was a challenge though to find milk-free products in the store. However, it got easier after I started checking the ingredients printed on them.

My family has been vegan since 2017. I have been rescuing animals and have been involved in welfare activities for a very long time now. I have always thought of the environment as my life source rather than an imaginary source of oxygen, water, and food. Hence, I believe in living in harmony. We have lost ourselves and the meaning of true humanity in the need to compete woefully amongst ourselves.

I have been a part of veganism awareness drives on social media and in real life as well. But more than all of those, I remember inviting a bunch of my friends home and/or packing food for them that I cooked at home without telling them that it was vegan. They were all surprised!


To anyone reading, I would request to please consider going vegan. No entity from the sky ever told you that the road to peace is through violence. As we humans can't bear racism, similarly the Earth can't bear speciesism. Try recreating the life your food had and the smile he or she had before they landed on your plate and picture yourself being there.

I feel much better and more positive about life after going vegan. There's still a lot to be done but I know that me and my family are making a minor difference in the environment. Four people (excluding my family) have become vegan after being patient enough to listen to me and my point.


Hello everyone! I'm Rohan A. I work in Aurigo Software Technologies as a software analyst. My family has been vegan since 2017 and I have been rescuing animals and being involved in welfare activities for a very long time now. 




 

Share:
Location: Mysuru, Karnataka, India