Friday 19 February 2021

The Vegan Journey of Diya Gupta | VBI #024



 My vegan journey started 3.5 years ago when my family and I came across a vegan festival in Mumbai. Compassion for animals inspired me to go vegan. After turning vegan, being a chef I got a chance to work with a whole new variety of new ingredients and I loved the challenge of changing non-vegan things to vegan. This move also made us part of a huge vegan community and we got a chance to meet wonderful people and share experiences.

The transition was a little tough for me and it was difficult in social situations when I went out with friends. However, being a chef I loved the process of learning vegan food and making it look attractive. A tip for vegans is to keep motivating yourself by watching documentaries and having amazing vegan food to keep you committed on this journey.

My biggest achievement was during the 2020 lockdown, when I got a chance to make 1000 peanut butter balls for charity with Million Dollar Vegan, a global nonprofit dedicated to educating people about veganism. On 15th August 2020 in collaboration with million dollar vegan, we donated 1000 gift boxes to the women and children of Kamathipura, Mumbai. The box contained peanut butter and chocolate truffles, made by me and sanitizers and masks by other vegan brands along with a leaflet spreading awareness about veganism. It was a wonderful experience for me and I was so proud to be able to help with the initiative. I am extremely thankful to million dollar vegan for their efforts.

Share:
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India