Friday 12 February 2021

The Vegan Journey of Richa Sharma | VBI #023

 


I’m Richa Sharma, a teenager, and a self-made vegan chef. I love spending time with any animal I meet.

I had a negative approach towards veganism in the beginning as I loved paneer and cheese a lot. I thought I would have to leave everything and stick to that one whole veggie meal, but when I went vegan my perspective changed and I tried new recipes almost every day. I got to know how amazing veganism is. I got more disciplined and learned how to control taste buds especially when it’s animal products. Yes... it is hard to control everything but someone's life is more worthy than anything else.

My twin and I, both were huge supporters of PETA. Those horrific videos made me go vegan without even worrying about any alternatives. To me, veganism is a discipline. Personally, I don’t do activism nor convince anyone to go vegan. It takes determination to be a vegan...to leave your ego aside and help animals. Veganism is not a choice but a token of kindness towards animals. Although I don’t do activism, I rescue any animal/bird in need. I’m kind to animals/birds and insects in my surroundings. I cuddle some of them instead of shooing them off.

I feel so positive after turning vegan. I have discovered so many dishes that can be veganised and I’m loving them.

The one belief that has kept me vegan is that “No meal is worthy especially when it comes from terrible sufferings and screams of innocent beings.”

Share:
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India