Sunday 18 July 2021

The Vegan Journey of Arvind Krishna | Vegan Beings India #041

 



It’s been around three years been entirely vegan, meaning no whey protein either. Lol!

It was a combination of environmental, ethical, and health reasons that I turned vegan. I had a series of bad injuries, then after doing a lot of research I decided to go vegan. It was the best decision ever. I was able to recover much better than before and now I’m at the peak of my game at the age of 36.

Being vegan, in the early days, was very difficult for me. Our diet has a lot of dairy products in it. But I decided I have to stick to it if I wanna see results. Also, I strongly feel that even dairy products and how they are sourced are just as cruel as non-veg food is. Socially it’s been difficult since many don’t get it and when you go out you have to have a detailed talk with the chef etc! 




Initially, I was maybe shy to voice the reasons why I am vegan. However, now, I’m very vocal. People now listen since they see that I’m dominating on the court or looking better than before and as an actor, many take notice of that. So people are always looking for such results. Once they see that, they are more likely to listen. Then I tell them about the other reasons why I turned vegan.

After being vegan, I’ve lost fat. My skin is much better. My recovery after workouts is far better. My digestion is far better. I’ve noticed that I’m much calmer. My spiritual inclination has become clearer. My speech and diction too improved. I am not sure of the connection but non-veg and dairy do affect the thickness of the tongue I read somewhere.




I want people to see my work, my fitness, my results, and then I want to attribute a lot of that to being vegan.

To anyone up for the challenge: let’s lift, run and jump, and see who’s better! If I beat, then you turn vegan! :D

Share:
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India