Thursday 17 March 2022

The Vegan Journey of Ananya Jain | Vegan Beings India #065

 

Hello everyone! I am Ananya. I'm 15 years old and I love animals! Since childhood animals have been a major part of my life. I am an animal feeder, rescuer, and animal rights activist. I feed about 80 - 100 animals (mostly dogs) every day. 

Back then, I had just started using Instagram. Since I have always been keen on learning about animals, I used to scroll through animal-related pages. Suddenly, I landed upon a page where I saw how a cow is treated for me to have a glass of milk and other dairy products. I was just horribly shocked and did not know I was contributing to so much cruelty. As I scrolled more through the page, I got to know more about the cruelty that happens within the dairy industry. I wasn't able to admit the reality that as a vegetarian, I was contributing to animal cruelty. I was paying for those innocent animals to get tortured, abused, and slaughtered.


Hence, I went vegan in June 2020 after knowing this cruel reality of the dairy industry. To be honest, I feel my journey was a roller coaster. After knowing the cruel reality, I decided to go vegan but there was no one to guide me on how to go about things. I didn't know what plant-based milk was! So, it took me some days to research and know what I could use instead of dairy products. 

Today, I can proudly say that I have improved my athletic performance without killing or abusing animals. I have seen a drastic difference in my activity levels and my physical ability. I feel more strong & energetic.


When I told my parents about veganism, they didn't believe in it. I showed them everything and finally, a time came when my parents were supportive towards me being a vegan. But as I moved to talk to them about them transitioning to being a vegan... BOOM! I would get busted with so many myths, excuses and they argue with me. Then, I did not know how to answer them, but now I can have a debate with them.


I've come across a lot of people who hate animals for some reason. I don't know why! It's just that they are always behind hurting animals. While feeding specifically, many people come, oppose and mistreat stray animals such as dogs, puppies, or a cow! They would hit that innocent animal with a stick and that poor animal goes through a lot of pain. Please don't do that. They are too scared and traumatised. They just want some love and compassion. 

When I have no one with me, I have animals by my side who are always there to give you so much love, no matter what happens. And the fact is that in case you provide 1% love to them, they'll be there for life and provide 100% love back. And please step out for animals! Unless & until we don't, we are not going to make a change in the lives of animals.


I often have people saying to me "I can't be vegan because I love the taste of cheese, milk, or any other dairy products." I have one question for you all: How can you define anything above killing an animal & eating them? They are sentient beings just like you who can feel pain, suffering, misery. They are living beings just like you. 

"If your religion includes killing animals, It's not a religion. How can you justify killing an animal just for a religion?"

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR ANIMAL ABUSE.


Apart from the above things, I have always been interested in contributing my part to our Earth by participating in community services which include waste segregation, environmental conservation organisations, animal organisations, etc. I also am passionate about photography, sketching, cooking, trekking and fitness, writing, and business. I am still exploring. :)


Share:
Location: Surat, Gujarat, India